Insurgents claim 176 abducted in Kwara, release video
The video contradicts official reports citing 26 abducted, showing 176 captives mostly women and children in Woro community, Kwara, following a deadly February 3 attack.
- Suspected Boko Haram insurgents released a video claiming 176 people were abducted from Woro community, Kaiama Local Government Area, with residents confirming relatives in the footage.
- Following the assault, residents compiled names of more than 100 missing persons and mass burial sites held 37 Muslim victims on Thursday, 75 earlier interred, 21 Christian corpses, eight Togolese, and eight Hausa victims.
- The one-minute, 17-second clip published by Sahara Reporters shows dozens of female captives and minors in a forest near Woro community, many frail and barefoot, answering questions in Hausa.
- Kwara State Government on Saturday said security agencies are analysing the video and engaging Woro community leaders, prioritizing safe rescue and justice while promising verified updates.
- Community representatives say more persons remain unaccounted for amid security concerns in Kwara State, with no official confirmation from authorities about the video or abductions.
15 Articles
15 Articles
Boko Haram posts video of women, children abducted from Kwara community
In a video posted on TikTok, a terrorist speaking behind the camera, questioned the abducted women and children about where they had been taken from and how many of them were being held. The post Boko Haram posts video of women, children abducted from Kwara community appeared first on Premium Times Nigeria.
Kwara Attack: Residents Identify Relatives As Bandits Release Video Of Captives
Bandits have released a video showing 176 abducted residents of Woro community in Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State. Residents have confirmed the authenticity of the footage and identified family members among those held captive. The development comes days after mass burial was conducted in the community following a deadly attack that left scores dead and many others missing. The footage, seen by Daily Trust, showed dozens of women and…
Insurgents claim 176 abducted in Kwara, release video
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have released a video showing a large group of women and children allegedly abducted from Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State, claiming that 176 persons are in captivity and accusing the Nigerian government of misrepresenting the figure. The one-minute, 17-second video, published by Sahara Reporters, shows dozens of female captives and minors gathered in an open area while an unidentified speaker, whose fa…
Kwara Government Responds to Viral Video of Kidnap Victims - Voice of Nigeria Broadcasting Service
The Kwara State Government, North Central Nigeria, says it is deeply concerned on the disturbing video released by terrorists recently allegedly showing some persons taken during the tragic February 3 attack on Woro community. “As always, our thoughts are with all the families affected, and we reaffirm our commitment to securing the safe return of all those impacted” the state government stated in a statement issued by the State Commissioner for…
“Women, Children Seen In Terror Video After Feb 3 Attack” — Kwara Govt Confirms Probe, Intensifies Rescue Efforts
Tension has gripped Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State after a disturbing video released by terrorists surfaced online. The clip showed women and children said to have been abducted during the February 3 attack on Woro and neighbouring Nuku communities. The footage, which began circulating on Facebook on Saturday, showed the victims arranged in rows in an unknown location. They were surrounded by armed men who spoke in Hausa while inter…
Kwara State Responds to Viral Footage of Woro Community Abductions, Confirms Efforts to Rescue Victims - TV360 Nigeria
The Kwara State Government has expressed deep concern over a video showing more than 170 people, including children, allegedly kidnapped during the February 3, 2026 attack on Woro community in Kaiama Local Government Area. Released by the attackers on Saturday, the footage depicted women and children being held captive while speaking in Hausa. In the video, the abductors claimed that the victims were taken from Woro community and accused the sta…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 67% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






