In Spain’s Ceuta, Hundreds of Migrants Stage Protest and Demand Asylum
Migrants demanded asylum and refused return to Morocco as officials said 5,000 to 8,000 people still remained in the enclave.
- Hundreds of migrants staged a beach protest in Ceuta, demanding asylum instead of repatriation to Morocco. Protesters held Spanish flags and chanted, "We need a solution."
- The protesters are among an estimated 5,000 to 8,000 migrants remaining in Ceuta after a mass border crossing two weeks ago that saw over 72,000 people surge into the territory.
- Mohammed Ouanzar, a 39-year-old automation specialist from Fez, said average monthly salaries of 3,000 dirham made it impossible to buy a home or start a family.
- Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska stated earlier this week that irregular migrants cannot stay in the enclave or travel to mainland Spain, except in rare cases of extreme vulnerability.
- Health Minister Monica Garcia acknowledged local health services are under pressure but rejected claims of a "collapse," while medical board head Enrique Roviralta warned of potential disease outbreaks.
93 Articles
93 Articles
More than 100 migrants encamped on Trampolín beach since 30 July refuse to return to Morocco. The Spanish Government announces 1,500 temporary reception places.
In Ceuta, hundreds of migrants live in the beach camp – and spend time wrestling.
Most are Moroccans who claim "asylum" in Spain and claim that they are only looking for "a good life"
Carrying posters and banners explaining that they are Moroccan and that they do not want to return to their country, the group of migrants has claimed "asylum" in Spain and has advanced that they will continue in this situation until they can be transferred
Ceuta Migrant Crisis Deepens as Hundreds Demand Asylum and Access to Mainland Spain
About 200 migrants protested in Spain’s North African exclave of Ceuta on Sunday demanding asylum protections and access to mainland Europe as Spanish officials, local ... The post Ceuta Migrant Crisis Deepens as Hundreds Demand Asylum and Access to Mainland Spain first appeared on [your]NEWS.
Hundreds Of Illegal Migrants Demand Asylum After Storming Spanish Beach
Hundreds of illegal migrants who stormed the beaches of the Spanish exclave of Ceuta staged a protest Sunday to demand asylum. More than 70,000 migrants, mainly from Morocco, swam and scaled border fences to reach Ceuta, which is situated on the African continent, in a matter of days last month. Most of the illegal border crossers have since returned to Africa after complaining about a lack of food and shelter in Ceuta. Between 5,000 and 8,000 m…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 44% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






















![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)






