Man Wanted by Hamilton Police for More than 30 Years Arrested in California, ICE Says
ICE said Charles Peter Billone, 64, is in U.S. custody pending removal proceedings after more than 30 years on child sexual abuse charges.
- On Aug. 4, ICE arrested Charles Peter Billone, a 64-year-old fugitive from Canada, in California, ending a three-decade flight from authorities.
- Originally charged in 1991 with sexual assault and sexual interference involving a child, Billone allegedly failed to appear in court after being released on a recognizance 35 years ago.
- Hamilton Police Service investigators had been searching for him since his disappearance, noting in 2014 that he may have assumed a different identity to evade capture.
- Billone remains in ICE custody pending removal proceedings, while authorities allege he is also suspected of additional crimes including theft, assault, and drug convictions.
- The Canadian Press reported on the developments on Thursday, Aug. 13, 2026, as the case proceeds through U.S. removal proceedings.
28 Articles
28 Articles
Man wanted by Hamilton police for more than 30 years arrested in California, ICE says
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials in San Francisco say they've arrested a Hamilton man who has been on the run since 1991.
Ontario Fugitive Wanted for 35 Years for Alleged Sex Assault of Child Arrested by ICE in California
An Ontario man who has been wanted since 1991 for the alleged sexual assault of a child has been apprehended in the United States after evading capture for more than three decades. A Canada-wide warrant was issued for Charles Peter Billone, 64, on two counts each of sexual assault and sexual interference after he failed to appear in a Hamilton, Ont., court in 1991. Billone was arrested in Santa Cruz, Calif., earlier this month by United States I…
Alleged Hamilton child sex offender arrested in California after decades in hiding
Charles Peter Billone was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a child, but disappeared after being released on bail in 1991.
Canadian fugitive wanted for sexual assault arrested by ICE after 30 years on the run
A Canadian man who has been wanted since 1991 for allegedly sexually assaulting a child has been arrested by ICE in the United States after 30 years on the run. Charles Peter Billone, 64, was arrested in Santa Cruz, Calif., earlier this month. According to ICE records, he is currently in custody at the Golden State Annex detention facility pending removal proceedings. On Aug. 4, following Billone’s arrest, San Francisco’s Enforcement and Removal…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 71% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















