Hegseth says reports about poor conditions aboard carrier are misrepresented
Hegseth said reports of supply shortages and mental health problems aboard the carrier were misrepresented as lawmakers pressed for an investigation.
- On Thursday, U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth rejected reports of poor conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln while visiting Panama, saying media descriptions were "completely misrepresented."
- Military-Focused outlets Navy Times and Stars and Stripes reported suicide attempts and declining morale among the 5,000-person crew, which has been at sea for more than 260 days during its Middle East deployment.
- Senator Richard Blumenthal wrote to Hegseth this week demanding transparency, citing "widespread reports of shortages of basic supplies, water contamination, plumbing issues, deteriorating mental health" and lost mail.
- The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that the USS George Washington will soon deploy to the Persian Gulf to replace the Abraham Lincoln, offering relief to the crew.
- White House spokesperson Olivia Wales stated President Donald Trump remains committed to ensuring the military is "equipped with the resources necessary to counter any threat to the United States.
232 Articles
232 Articles
Pete Hegseth fails up with Trump
The USS Lincoln disaster reveals the defense secretary’s twisted priorities
Horrific conditions aboard USS Abraham Lincoln: The ruling class’s contempt for the troops it sends to war
Reports that sailors on the USS Abraham Lincoln have either jumped overboard or attempted to do so have exposed the horrendous conditions facing the largely working class naval crew that has been at sea for 268 days and deployed in the Arabian Sea in the war against Iran for five months.
Family members sound the alarm: The conditions on board the USS Lincoln in the Iran war remain dramatic. Even experienced military soldiers struggle to persevere.
Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth says conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln have been ‘completely misrepresented’ amid reports of crew burnout
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said reports of deteriorating conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln had been “completely misrepresented,” as concerns grow over the aircraft carrier’s record-breaking deployment. The roughly 5,000 sailors and Marines on board the vessel have spent more than 250 days at sea after the ship was redirected to the Middle East amid the United States’ military offensive against Iran. The Pentagon’s response came after…
Fox Flacks Roll Lamest Attack Yet To Defend Trump Mistreatment Of Troops
The liars on Fox not "news" resorted to tired attacks on Sen. Richard Blumenthal to pretend the horrid conditions the service members on the USS Lincoln are experiencing aren't really happening. As we've already discussed here, things are going so badly with Trump's Iran war that we've seen multiple troops throwing themselves overboard in a desperate effort to end their horrific deployment. And it's not just the USS Lincoln. As The Meidas Touch…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 53% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium








































