Gunfire erupts in Osogbo as hoodlums attack Gov Adeleke’s convoy
- On Wednesday, gunmen attacked Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke's convoy at the Ataoja palace in Osogbo, with police suspecting music star David Adeleke, known as Davido, was the intended target.
- Governor Adeleke arrived in a 20-vehicle motorcade after receiving his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission, when members of the Eye Confraternity initiated the confrontation.
- Attackers arrived in an unregistered Sienna Space Bus, engaging security in a gun duel lasting 12 to 15 minutes as Adebayo Taoreed, known as 'Small Rugged,' allegedly attempted to reach Davido.
- While no casualties occurred within the governor's convoy, 60-year-old Tajudeen Yusuf died after being shot at Itaolokan; the Osun State Police Command has commenced a full-scale investigation.
- Panic gripped Osogbo residents as sporadic gunfire forced several businesses to close, with the Command advising the public to remain calm while police deploy resources to apprehend those responsible.
24 Articles
24 Articles
Davido was target of Osun convoy attack
Music star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, was the target of the attack on the convoy of Osun State governor, according to the police. Daily Trust had reported how security escorts of the governor engaged some unidentified men in a gun duel during the governor’s visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, earlier on Wednesday. The governor had visited the monarch shortly after receiving his certificate of return from the Independent …
Osogbo gunfire: Davido says incident had nothing to do with Adeleke
Davido clarifies that the Osogbo gunfire incident outside Ataoja’s palace had no connection to him or Governor Ademola Adeleke. Read more on the attack. Read More: https://punchng.com/osogbo-gunfire-davido-says-incident-had-nothing-to-do-with-adeleke/
Gunfire erupts in Osogbo as hoodlums attack Gov Adeleke’s convoy
Suspected hoodlums on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after his visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji. The attack triggered an exchange of gunfire with the governor’s security personnel. The incident occurred shortly after Governor Adeleke left the palace hall, where he had met […] Gunfire erupts in Osogbo as hoodlums attack Gov Adeleke’s convoy
Gunshots as hoodlums attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo
“The guys were shooting from inside the main gate while the governor’s security team responded from inside the palace". The post Gunshots as hoodlums attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo appeared first on Vanguard News.
Police: Davido was target of deadly attack on Osun Governor Adeleke’s convoy
Osun State Police Command has disclosed that Nigerian music star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, was the intended target of the attack that disrupted the convoy of Osun State Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke, during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo. The incident occurred on Wednesday The post Police: Davido was target of deadly attack on Osun Governor Adeleke’s convoy appeared first on National Accord Newspaper.
Gunfire Erupts During Governor Adeleke’s Visit to Osogbo Palace as 60-Year-Old Man Is Shot Dead After Davido Security Clash
A visit by Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo turned tense after a confrontation involving rival groups outside the monarch’s residence escalated into gunfire. The incident occurred during the governor’s courtesy visit, which he made alongside his nephew and Afrobeats star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido. The confrontation reportedly forced the governor’s security personnel to act quickly as armed …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 75% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















