Gaza Holds Mass Funeral for 112 Bodies Recovered From Rubble
Recovery teams spent 17 days digging through rubble, with 44 of the recovered bodies identified as children, Gaza's civil defence said.
- On Tuesday, Palestinians in Gaza City buried 112 members of the Abu Sharia and Al-Hasayna families, whose remains were recovered from rubble last month after Israeli airstrikes killed them in November 2023.
- The strike on the Sabra neighborhood flattened an entire residential block where hundreds of Abu Sharia and Al-Hasayna family members had sheltered, believing the house would be spared.
- Palestinian Civil Defence spokesperson Mahmoud Basal said, "We worked for 17 days to recover the bodies," identifying 44 children, 37 women, and more than 10 people with disabilities among the victims.
- Amer Abu Sharia, who lost relatives in the attack, told Middle East Eye, "There is a feeling of both pain and joy," adding the sorrow returned as if the massacre happened today.
- Omar Nofal, head of Gaza's government committee for missing persons, estimates 15,000 people remain missing, with thousands likely buried beneath collapsed buildings as families continue to plead for recovery.
193 Articles
193 Articles
In Gaza, 44 Children of the Same Family Were Entitled to a Funeral, a Few Days After a "Blood River"
In Gaza, a child died every day since the beginning of the ceasefire in October 2025, according to UNICEF. On Tuesday they were 44, killed at the end of 2023, to be finally entitled to a funeral. Two days after another bombardment in which 18 people lost their livesRose petals and jasmine petals, by handles. From their balconies, the women of Gaza City paid tribute on Tuesday to 112 deaths carried in procession along streets ravaged by nearly th…
Yesterday Palestine buried 112 of its sons and daughters under its own flag, in what was described as the largest funeral in modern Palestine for a single family. But they did not die yesterday. Israel killed 986 days earlier. On November 22, 2023, a few hours before the [...] The article Gaza, that people's funeral that had to wait 986 days comes from The Daily Fact.
Hundreds of people gathered in central Gaza for a mass funeral of 112 people, including 40 children, who were killed in 2023 in one of Israel's deadliest attacks. Their bodies have so far not been able to be pulled out from under the rubble, mainly due to repeated attacks.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 47% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium










































