Ford cancels plan to remove Crown Royal from LCBO shelves after $23M deal
Diageo agreed to nearly $23 million in Ontario investments including $11 million for local grain spirits, ensuring Crown Royal stays on LCBO shelves and supporting about 200 Amherstburg jobs.
- On Feb. 13, 2026, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said Crown Royal will remain on LCBO shelves after Diageo agreed to $23 million in spending in Ontario.
- Threatening to ban Crown Royal, Ford pressed Diageo for months after the Amherstburg bottling plant closure, which puts nearly 200 workers at risk.
- Diageo committed in the deal to spend $11 million on grain neutral spirits from eastern Ontario, $5 million on Ontario-based marketing, $3 million for ready-to-drink beverages via a Toronto-based co-packer, plus $500,000 for Invest WindsorEssex, $500,000 for Amherstburg community projects, and $1 million for agriculture-support organizations.
- Company spokespeople credited `leadership and collaboration`, while Manitoba and Quebec officials warned a boycott could impact jobs outside Ontario.
- The investments aim to support Ontario farmers and manufacturers, with some funds for Amherstburg and most earmarked for alcohol, agriculture, and a new canning facility, the provincial government said.
41 Articles
41 Articles
Ontario Reaches $23 Million Deal With Crown Royal Manufacturer to Keep Drink on LCBO Shelves
The government of Ontario says Crown Royal will stay on liquor store shelves after the province reached a nearly $23 million deal with the beverage’s producer. Premier Doug Ford previously said that Crown Royal whisky, manufactured by Diageo, would be taken off the shelves of Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) stores after the company announced it would be closing its facility in Amherstburg, Ont. The company announced in September 2025 that…
Crown Royal to remain on LCBO shelves after Diageo agrees to invest $23 million in Ontario
Crown Royal whisky will remain on the shelves of Ontario liquor stores after spirits company Diageo reached a deal with the provincial government to invest millions of dollars in the province.
Doug Ford is upside down: Crown Royal whisky will remain on the tablets of the Ontario Alcohol Board, after an agreement with Diageo Distiller.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 76% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















