Italy sees no sign of Russian link to Colleferro munitions blast, minister says
Defence Minister Guido Crosetto said investigators see no evidence of Russian sabotage as prosecutors examine possible links to similar blasts in Bulgaria.
- On Monday, Defence Minister Guido Crosetto stated Italy has seen no evidence linking Russia to last Thursday's explosion at the KNDS Ammo Italy factory in Colleferro.
- The blast occurred while firefighters were already battling a fire at the site, which produces medium- and large-calibre ammunition for land and naval defence systems.
- Prosecutors are examining potential links to similar incidents in Bulgaria, according to La Repubblica reported Monday, while KNDS stated the incident remains under investigation.
- Opposition Azione party leader Carlo Calenda called on the government to brief parliament, stating, "We cannot remain in uncertainty over a possible Russian hybrid attack."
- While Crosetto told Adnkronos, "There is no indication to anyone that this could be anything other than an internal problem," the Russian embassy in Italy has not commented.
19 Articles
19 Articles
Italy's government has seen nothing to suggest Russia was behind last week's explosion at a munitions factory near Rome, Defense Minister Guido Crosetto was quoted as saying on Monday. The explosion hit a KNDS Ammo Italy factory in Colleferro, southeast of Rome, on Thursday after firefighters were called to put out a fire at the site. No injuries were reported. While the government has not commented on reports that the factory produces ammunitio…
Questions Surround Colleferro Munitions Plant Explosion
Italy's Defence Minister, Guido Crosetto, refutes claims of Russian involvement in a recent explosion at a munitions factory in Colleferro. Although no injuries occurred, speculation persists about the blast's connection to similar events in Bulgaria. Investigations continue as calls for governmental transparency grow.
Italy sees no sign of Russian link to Colleferro munitions blast, minister says
Italy's government has seen nothing to suggest that Russia was behind last week's explosion at a munitions plant near Rome, Defence Minister Guido Crosetto was quoted as saying on Monday.
It does not turn out to anyone that it can be something different from an internal problem. A dry denial to clear the field from the hypotheses ventilated four days from the banquet that has shaken the province of Rome: so the Minister of Defense Guido Crosetto has chosen to intervene on the explosion in the factory of ammunition of [...] The article Crosetto denies the Russian "piste" behind the explosion in the factory of ammo in Colleferro: "…
On the explosion of the ammunition factory in Colleferro, which took place last August 13, circulating in these hours of rumors related to possible interference and Russian hand. To deny the voices was the Minister of Defense, Guido Crosetto, who said: "It does not turn out to anyone that it can be something different from an internal problem." His words arrive after the leader of Action, Carlo Calenda, asked the government to shed light on the …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















