FIFA confirms departure of senior executive Kevin Lamour after Infantino criticism
FIFA said Kevin Lamour’s departure followed his criticism of Gianni Infantino’s $20 billion tournament plan, which faced broad internal opposition.
- FIFA confirmed on August 17, 2026, that the working relationship with Chief Operating Officer Kevin Lamour had ended after nearly two years in the role.
- The departure follows public criticism by Lamour regarding FIFA President Gianni Infantino's plan to sell a stake in its tournament business—including the World Cup—to private investors.
- Lamour publicly stated that FIFA staff had been "deceived" by the proposal, calling it "the project of one person" who "believes he embodies FIFA when he is supposed to be at its service".
- In an internal communication, FIFA Secretary General Mattias Grafström informed staff that the governing body and Lamour had agreed to part ways following recent discussions.
- Lamour's exit comes shortly after the controversial World Cup commercial investment proposal was shelved following strong pushback and the resignation of senior adviser Carlos Cordeiro.
96 Articles
96 Articles
A top official leaves FIFA, deepening the fallout from Infantino’s World Cup sell-off plan
FIFA's chief operating officer, Kevin Lamour, has reportedly left his role weeks after accusing president Gianni Infantino of deceiving staff with a World Cup sell-off plan. Lamour's statement to The Associated Press earlier this month defended colleagues amid fallout from…
FIFA confirm Kevin Lamour exit weeks after Gianni Infantino criticism: Was he sacked?
FIFA has confirmed chief operating officer Kevin Lamour's departure after his clash with Gianni Infantino over a private investment plan. The exit has deepened scrutiny of Infantino's leadership ahead of the 2027 presidential election.
Top Fifa official sacked after slamming Gianni Infantino World Cup plot
Frenchman Kevin Lamour has left his role as Fifa’s chief operating officer after criticising president Gianni Infantino’s scrapped private investor plan, world football’s governing body has confirmed. Lamour was the third highest-ranking Fifa official. “Fifa can confirm that the working relationship between Fifa and Kevin Lamour as Fifa’s chief operating officer has ended on August 17, 2026,” a Fifa spokesperson told AFP, confirming a report in …
FIFA confirms departure of senior official Lamour after Infantino criticism
FIFA confirmed on Monday that Chief Operating Officer Kevin Lamour has left the governing body, weeks after he publicly criticised President Gianni Infantino’s plan to sell a stake in its tournament business, including the World Cup.
The president also suffered Monday the withdrawal of support of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in his search for a fourth term
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






























