Mexico Confirms the Death of Two of Its Citizens in Colombia’s Earthquake
38 Articles
38 Articles
The families of Mario Alberto Zapata Verdier and Brenda Eloísa Flores Reyes, who died in Colombia's earthquake, said goodbye to the couple.
The Mexican Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), will cover the funeral expenses and the repatriation of the ashes of the two Mexicans who died in Colombia, following the earthquake that shook the South American nation on August 10. In a statement, the Foreign Ministry reported that it has been in contact with the families of the victims, whom it supported during their transfer to the South American nation with financial su…
Mexico City, Aug 17 (EFE).- Mexico's president Claudia Sheinbaum confirmed Monday the death of two Mexican citizens in the 7.4 magnitude earthquake in Colombia last week and said that her government provides support to their families. "Yes, there are two Mexicans who unfortunately died and the Foreign Ministry is in contact with families," the president said during her morning press conference.The Mexican government said that relatives of the vi…
The ruler of Mexico said that relatives of the victims traveled to Colombia where they are supported by the Mexican authorities.
Claudia Sheinbaum confirmed on August 17, 2026 the death of two Mexicans due to magnitude 7.4 earthquake in Colombia, although she did not specify their identities. “There are two Mexicans who unfortunately died and the Foreign Ministry is in contact with them, with the families. Even the families took them there and they are being given all the support”Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, president of Mexico The Mexican embassy in Bogotá was looking for a …
Sheinbaum assures that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has coordinated the travel of the families of the victims to the area of the tragedy
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 45% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















