Federal authorities announce an end to the immigration crackdown in Minnesota
Operation Metro Surge in Minnesota ended after over 4,000 arrests; drawdown reflects achieved goals and improved local cooperation, officials said.
- On Thursday, Feb. 12, Tom Homan, White House Border Czar, announced Operation Metro Surge in Minnesota will end, and President Donald Trump concurred.
- After the Dec. 1 deployment, outrage grew over federal immigration raids that resulted in the deaths of Renee Good and Alex Pretti, sparking protests in Minnesota.
- Earlier this month Homan said roughly 700 agents were sent home, leaving about 2,000 still deployed, with numbers expected to return to about 100 agents plus some investigators and a small closing footprint.
- Gov. Tim Walz will hold a Thursday news conference to announce a relief package, and officials say security teams will stay to respond to agitators as Homan oversees the drawdown into next week.
- Homan said, 'We have a lot of work to do across this country to remove public safety risks who shouldn't even be in this country, and to deliver on President Trump's promise for strong border security, mass deportation,' as critics call for ICE reforms and a recent AP‑NORC poll shows most Americans believe Trump's immigration policies have gone too far.
717 Articles
717 Articles
ICE eyes new targets post-Minnesota retreat
Following backlash over the shooting deaths of two American citizens, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has ended its immigration surge in Minnesota. This may cool temperatures in Minneapolis, but ICE is now looking to new cities, concerning Democratic officials that more social unrest could come.In ICE’s sightsSeveral cities and states are reportedly on ICE’s list to send officers. One of the most notable is a Republican-led state. The Trump …
Explore Minnesota video celebrates immigrant communities amid ICE surge
Minnesota's tourism agency has released a new promotional video and public statement aimed at reinforcing the state's welcoming identity as federal immigration enforcement continues and national attention intensifies.
National Nurses United statement on announced end to immigration surge in Minnesota
NNU issued the following statement in reaction to the Trump administration’s announcement that immigration enforcement operations in Minnesota will phase out next week: “Union nurses are beyond proud of the people of Minnesota for refusing to be divided, under the harshest of conditions, for more than two months under siege by our own federal government..."
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 49% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















































