Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

FBI not sharing evidence in Pretti shooting, Minnesota authorities say

Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension vows to pursue legal avenues after FBI denies evidence access in three federal agent shootings, including the Jan. 24 death of nurse Alex Pretti.

  • On Feb. 13, the Federal Bureau of Investigation formally notified the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension that it will not provide access to any information or evidence related to the Jan. 24 shooting of Alex Pretti.
  • BCA investigators say they were denied access to the Nicollet Avenue crime scene despite a judicial warrant, and a restraining order was later lifted as the Department of Justice civil‑rights unit opened a review.
  • Witness and bystander videos appear to show agents disarming Pretti, spraying and tackling him before gunfire, a sequence the Department of Homeland Security called resistance and Pretti's family called "sickening lies".
  • Despite federal refusal, the Minnesota BCA says it will pursue all legal avenues and plans to request evidence later this week, while Mary Moriarty expects enough evidence for a charging decision.
  • On Feb. 14, hundreds of flowers appeared at Alex Pretti memorial, and officials say the federal refusal is unprecedented, straining federal‑state law enforcement relations amid Operation Metro Surge.
Insights by Ground AI

57 Articles

KEYTKEYT
Reposted by
noticiasya.comnoticiasya.com
Center

By Holmes Lybrand, CNN - Hopes that the FBI would share information gathered in the investigation into the murder of Alex Pretti with Minnesota state investigators have faded. Despite initial statements following a meeting with White House border czar Tom Homan, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) said in a statement Monday that the FBI informed them last week that it would not share any information. The BCA said it received the …

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 66% of the sources are Center
66% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

MPR News broke the news in Saint Paul, United States on Monday, February 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal