Facing US warnings, Iran defends right to nuclear enrichment
Iran maintains its nuclear enrichment as a sovereign right amid US military buildup and Oman-mediated talks, with Tehran demanding sanctions relief and denying nuclear weapon ambitions.
- On Feb 19, Mohammad Eslami, Iran's atomic energy chief, said nuclear fuel is essential and no country can bar Iran from enrichment in a video published by Etemad daily.
- On Feb 17, Iran and the US held a second round of Oman-mediated talks in Geneva, following initial Oman discussions on Feb 6 after previous negotiations collapsed.
- Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps held war games earlier this week in the Strait of Hormuz, while the Iranian and Russian navies conducted joint drills in the Sea of Oman on Feb 19.
- Poland on Thursday ordered all its citizens in Iran to `leave immediately` amid escalating warnings, while US Energy Secretary Chris Wright and White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt signalled strong deterrent measures as Masoud Pezeshkian, Iranian President, said `We do not want war`.
- While accusations persist, Western countries say Iran seeks nuclear weapons, Tehran denies, and US officials reportedly briefed Trump on military options to maximize damage, including strikes, as of Wednesday.
23 Articles
23 Articles
12:49 PM Beirut "The decision about Iran has been made," says Lindsey Graham to Sky News Arabia US Senator Lindsey Graham said the decision about Iran was made...
US willing to accept Iranian uranium enrichment, Ankara says – The American Israelite Newspaper
Courtesy of JNS. Photo credit: Hamed Saber via Wikimedia CommonsAnti-aircraft guns at Iran’s Natanz uranium enrichment facility (JNS) — Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said in an interview published Feb. 12 in Britain’s Financial Times that the United States and Iran are showing flexibility regarding a nuclear agreement. “It is a positive sign that it appears the Americans are willing to accept uranium enrichment in Iran, subject to clear l…
The head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization asserted that no country can take away Iran's right to enrich uranium, despite repeated hints of a potential attack from the US following the Geneva talks.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 37% of the sources are Center, 36% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



















