Ex-Philippine Leader Duterte Faces Pre-Trial ICC Hearing
The hearing will determine if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial for three counts of crimes against humanity amid thousands of deaths in Duterte’s anti-drug campaign.
- Former Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte is facing a pre-trial hearing at the International Criminal Court over his deadly drug crackdown during his presidency.
- Duterte made controversial remarks comparing his crackdown to the Nazi killing of Jews and expressing willingness to kill millions of drug addicts.
- Despite his detention, Duterte remains a major political figure, having been elected as mayor of his hometown Davao in 2022 but unable to serve due to imprisonment.
45 Articles
45 Articles
Rodrigo Duterte, authorized not to attend the hearings, was accused of involvement in at least 76 murders. The Hague court will decide whether the former Philippine President goes to trial.
Duterte’s ICC fight unfolds as daughter Sara eyes presidency
MANILA – The International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague said Friday ex-Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte’s “confirmation of charges” hearing would proceed even after the former president rejected its jurisdiction over him. Duterte, 80, last week told the court he was waiving his right to the February 23 to 27 hearing. Friday’s acceptance of Duterte’s […] The post Duterte’s ICC fight unfolds as daughter Sara eyes presidency appeared first on…
Former Philippines president Duterte will not attend ICC pre-trial hearings
AMSTERDAM, Feb 20 - Former Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte will not be present at pre-trial hearings in his case of alleged crimes against humanity at the International Criminal Court next week, the court said on Friday. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Philippines: Duterte confirmation of charges hearing a crucial opportunity for justice
Ahead of former Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte’s confirmation of charges hearingatthe International Criminal Court (ICC) on Monday 23 February, Amnesty International’s Secretary General Agnès Callamard said: “Former President Rodrigo Duterte’s long-awaited day in court is a significant step towards delivering justice for victims and survivors of his administration’s deadly so-called ‘war on drugs’. “It also reminds the international commu…
Ex-Philippine leader Duterte to face pre-trial ICC hearing over alleged drug crackdown killings
THE HAGUE, Feb 20 — Former Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte faces a pre-trial hearing at the International Criminal Court from Monday over crimes against humanity allegedly committed as part of a brutal crackdown on drugs.The “confirmation of charges” hearing, taking place over four days, will determine whether there is enough evidence against Duterte to proceed to a trial.The 80-year-old is unlikely to be present at the hearing in The Hague…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




















