Surfer feared dead in shark attack after board with bite marks retrieved
- A missing surfer is feared dead after a shark attack at Wharton Beach in Western Australia.
- Police reported that a 30-year-old Melbourne man was seen in distress before disappearing.
- Authorities retrieved his board, which showed clear bite marks, but the body remains missing.
- Drone footage captured a shark fleeing from a blood cloud near the shoreline before the beach was closed.
48 Articles
48 Articles
“We saw a shark near a pool of blood and his surfboard with bite marks”: the mystery of the surfer who disappeared into thin air in Australia
A 37-year-old surfer, Steven Payne, is missing off Wharton Beach, in Western Australia, and is feared to have been attacked by a shark. The only trace found so far is his surfboard, recovered with obvious bite marks. “Our searches did not allow us to find the body,” said the police, who are investigating the disappearance of the man, which occurred about 90 kilometers east of the regional center of Esperance. According to testimonies, Payne was …
Surfer missing in Western Australia ‘taken by shark’, police confirm
SYDNEY, March 12 — A surfer missing in Western Australia was “taken by a shark”, police said, after search teams pulled a board scarred with “bite marks” from the water. The man was mauled by a shark while surfing at a remote beach in Western Australia on Monday, police said, in the country’s fourth reported fatal attack in recent months. As a fruitless search wrapped up on Tuesday evening, Western Australia Police Force senior sergeant Christop…


Surfer feared dead in shark attack after board with bite marks retrieved
Witnesses heard screams before the 37-year-old man from Melbourne vanished following shark attack
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 54% of the sources lean Left
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage