Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Dozens die in more drone strikes on Sudan's Kordofan

  • Wednesday, a surge in drone strikes in the Kordofan region has killed more than 50 civilians over two days and hampered aid operations, analysts and humanitarian workers said.
  • Over the past year, the military increased drone and airstrike use in Kordofan, with new foreign-supplied drones enabling precision strikes, said Jalale Getachew Birru.
  • Specific targeting includes hospitals, markets, homes and schools, with the army carrying out 83 strikes causing 568 deaths, RSF conducting 66 strikes killing 288, and ACLED reporting 163 civilian strikes last year.
  • The World Health Organization reports at least 40,000 killed and 12 million displaced, while a U.N. convoy reached Dilling and Kadugli with aid for more than 130,000 people.
  • Two weeks ago, the military said it broke the RSF siege of Kadugli and Dilling but analysts say cities remain encircled as the army seeks routes into Darfur and bombing may increase.
Insights by Ground AI

28 Articles

Right

Kordofan, a region rich in oil deposits, is currently the most contentious front in the conflict between the regular army and the paramilitaries.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 40% of the sources lean Left
40% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

KVUE broke the news in Austin, United States on Wednesday, February 18, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal