Dozens die in more drone strikes on Sudan's Kordofan
At least 57 civilians died in recent drone strikes targeting markets, hospitals, and shelters, severely disrupting humanitarian aid in Sudan's Kordofan region, UN officials and aid groups reported.
- Wednesday, a surge in drone strikes in the Kordofan region has killed more than 50 civilians over two days and hampered aid operations, analysts and humanitarian workers said.
- Over the past year, the military increased drone and airstrike use in Kordofan, with new foreign-supplied drones enabling precision strikes, said Jalale Getachew Birru.
- Specific targeting includes hospitals, markets, homes and schools, with the army carrying out 83 strikes causing 568 deaths, RSF conducting 66 strikes killing 288, and ACLED reporting 163 civilian strikes last year.
- The World Health Organization reports at least 40,000 killed and 12 million displaced, while a U.N. convoy reached Dilling and Kadugli with aid for more than 130,000 people.
- Two weeks ago, the military said it broke the RSF siege of Kadugli and Dilling but analysts say cities remain encircled as the army seeks routes into Darfur and bombing may increase.
36 Articles
36 Articles
Israel-backed RSF murders 3 aid workers, wounds 4 more in Sudan
Genocidal troops of the Sudanese so-called ‘Rapid Support Forces’ (RSF) have murdered at least three aid workers and wounded four others in a drone strike. The strike targeted an aid convoy in South Kordofan, according to a report by the Sudan Doctors Network (SDN). The United Nations has confirmed that the RSF is committing ethnically-based genocide in Sudan, with mass murders of non-Arab civilians. In a social media post, the SDN described the…
Kordofan, a region rich in oil deposits, is currently the most contentious front in the conflict between the regular army and the paramilitaries.
Surge in drone strikes in Sudan’s Kordofan kills civilians, disrupts aid
Cairo: A surge in drone strikes in the Sudanese region of Kordofan has taken a growing toll on civilians and hampered aid operations, analysts and humanitarian workers said Wednesday, as the war in Sudan nears the three-year mark. At least 77 people were killed and dozens injured in various attacks, mostly by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces, in densely populated areas, according to Sudan Doctors Network, a group that tracks violence throug…
UN warns children in Sudan at grave risk after deadly drone strike on displacement camp
UNICEF calls for protection of civilians and unhindered humanitarian access amid worsening violence after at least 15 children were killed in attack in West Kordofan - Anadolu Ajansı
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
























