Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Daniel Radcliffe Makes Heartfelt Request to Fans Ahead of Harry Potter Series

Daniel Radcliffe supports HBO's new Harry Potter cast and urges fans to avoid comparing them to the original actors to allow a fresh experience for viewers worldwide.

  • On Tuesday, Daniel Radcliffe asked fans to leave HBO's new cast alone after Dominic McLaughlin, Arabella Stanton, and Alastair Stout were cast as Harry, Hermione, and Ron.
  • Explaining his plea, Radcliffe noted he does not want the original Harry, Hermione, and Ron to become `weird spectral phantoms` in the new actors' lives, after last year's supportive letter to McLaughlin.
  • Radcliffe added a personal note when he said he hopes his two-year-old son with partner Erin Darke can watch the HBO series without seeing him and expressed he would not want to return to the role.
  • HBO, a Warners subsidiary, is launching the first series adaptation of J.K. Rowling's books with newcomers supported by veterans John Lithgow and Janet McTeer, while original film actors Emma Watson and Rupert Grint are not involved.
  • Looking beyond immediate reactions, Radcliffe positioned the show as 'going to be a new thing' and noted David Thewlis recently said he's 'sick of talking about' returns.
Insights by Ground AI

11 Articles

Left

The actor has a very specific wish for the new actors in the adapted series of J.K. Rowling's novels.

·Paris, France
Read Full Article
The IndependentThe Independent
Reposted by
The Independent (US)The Independent (US)
Lean Left

Daniel Radcliffe makes plea to Harry Potter fans over new young stars

Former boy wizard star does not want new cast members to be compared with him

·London, United Kingdom
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 63% of the sources lean Left
63% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Entertainment Weekly broke the news in United States on Wednesday, February 18, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal