Cuba Dreads of Possible US Invasion Amid Energy Blockade
Cuba says the Axios report is false and warns the claims could be used to justify sanctions or military intervention.
- On Sunday, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez accused the U.S. of fabricating a "fraudulent case" to justify sanctions or military intervention, stating Cuba "prepares itself to confront external aggression in the exercise of the right to legitimate self-defence."
- An Axios report published Sunday claimed Cuba recently acquired more than 300 military drones, with the report alleging Havana discussed plans to use them to attack the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Key West, and U.S. military vessels.
- CIA Director John Ratcliffe conducted an exceedingly rare visit to Havana on Thursday, meeting with officials including Raul Castro's grandson; tensions remain elevated as Department of Justice sources told Reuters last week of plans to indict former Cuban leader Raul Castro.
- The Trump administration reportedly views Cuba as a threat due to drone development and Iranian military advisers; the U.S. has previously used criminal charges against foreign figures, including the recent capture of Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro, to justify military actions.
- While the U.S. weighs potential intervention, Rodriguez insisted that "Cuba neither threatens nor desires war." The administration previously suggested Cuba "is next" for action following the operation against Maduro, complicating diplomatic relations.
34 Articles
34 Articles
Cuba calls drone attack claims propaganda as South Florida officials react
MIAMI – Cuban officials pushed back hard Monday against U.S. intelligence reports that the island has stockpiled more than 300 attack drones and floated plans to use them against Guantanamo Bay, American warships, and possibly Key West, calling the whole thing nothing but fabricated excuses for Washington’s aggression. South Florida officials are reacting sharply to… The post Cuba calls drone attack claims propaganda as South Florida officials r…
Cuba dreads of possible US invasion amid energy blockade
Cuba is alleging that the US is looking for a pretext to invade it, and accuses the Trump administration of fabricating a case to justify the economic sanctions strangling the communist nation. This comes in the wake of a US media report based on classified intelligence claiming Havana acquired hundreds of drones and could use them to target Guantanamo Bay.
Cuban drones threaten Florida? Axios fabricates pretext for US imperialist attack
On 17 May, the US media outlet Axios published an article with the headline ‘Exclusive: U.S. eyes attack-drone threat from Cuba’. This scandalous piece of disinformation would be laughable if it weren't so dangerous. What we have here is not journalism, but a news website being used to fabricate a pretext for US imperialist aggression.
A U.S. news portal reports on alleged Cuban drone plans. Havana speaks of unlaudable justification for possible U.S. actions.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




















