CTD operations kill 14 terrorists in Balochistan’s Quetta, Barkhan
The Counter-Terrorism Department killed 14 suspected militants linked to a banned outfit in intelligence-based operations targeting threats to strategic corridors and development projects.
- The Balochistan Counter-Terrorism Department reported on Wednesday that 14 suspected militants were killed in separate operations in Quetta’s Darakshan area and Barkhan district.
- Because the area lies near the Silk Road route, officials said the suspects were planning disruptive actions that threatened the strategic road corridor and Chinese development projects, the CTD said.
- Weapons and ammunition were recovered, three CTD personnel were injured during the Quetta action, and site evidence suggested additional militants escaped, the CTD said.
- Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi confirmed the Quetta operation, and the Inter-Services Public Relations said sanitisation operations will continue as part of the national counter-terrorism campaign.
- In recent clashes, military media said around 206 militants were killed, while last month at least 15 security officials and 18 civilians died in coordinated attacks across Balochistan province.
13 Articles
13 Articles
Pakistan's authorities have announced on Wednesday the death of fourteen alleged terrorists in...
CTD operations kill 14 terrorists in Balochistan’s Quetta, Barkhan
Two counter-terrorism operations by the Counter-Terrorism Department killed 14 terrorists in Balochistan on Wednesday, officials said. According to official statements released by the CTD, the first operation took place in the suburban Darakhshan area of Quetta, where personnel targeted what authorities described as Fitna-al-Khawarij – a term used for terrorists linked to the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan – believed to be planning multiple a…
14 suspected militants killed during CTD operations in Quetta, Barkhan
QUETTA: The Balochistan Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) on Wednesday said a total of 14 suspected militants were killed in separate security operations in Quetta and Barkhan districts. In a statement, the CTD said eight armed men were killed during a security operation in Quetta’s Darakhshan area. “Eight armed persons were killed in a fire exchange during the operation,” read the statement, adding that three CTD personnel were injured during …
Security forces foil suicide attack in Bajaur district of northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province; counterterrorism force kills 4 militants in Karachi operation - Anadolu Ajansı
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium








