Zilisch to Drive No. 48 for Hendrick From 2028
The 20-year-old will replace Alex Bowman after 2027 and drive the No. 48 Chevrolet with Ally as primary sponsor, Hendrick Motorsports said.
- On Monday, August 17, 2026, Hendrick Motorsports announced that Connor Zilisch will drive the No. 48 Ally Chevrolet starting in 2028, replacing retiring driver Alex Bowman.
- The move follows Alex Bowman's announcement last month that he will retire from Cup Series racing after the 2027 season, opening the seat for Zilisch.
- Zilisch, a 20-year-old rookie currently driving for Trackhouse Racing, ranks 34th in the Cup Series standings but is considered one of the sport's most promising young drivers.
- "His talent behind the wheel is exceptional," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports, while Zilisch called the opportunity "a dream come true."
- The No. 48 ride was made famous by Jimmie Johnson, who won 83 Cup Series races and seven championships; Zilisch will complete his current season and 2027 at Trackhouse Racing before the transition.
29 Articles
29 Articles
From Trackhouse Prospect to Hendrick Cornerstone: Zilisch Named Bowman’s Successor in the No. 48
When the news broke 3 weeks ago that Alex Bowman would retire from Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the 2027 Cup Series season, the garage immediately shifted into speculation mode. The No. 48 seat is one of the most scrutinized in the sport, and Bowman’s departure created a vacancy that was never going to sit quietly. Names circulated, predictions stacked up, and every team executive with a microphone was asked for an opinion.
Justin Marks calls Connor Zilisch’s move to HMS bittersweet as Trackhouse plans for 2027
Justin Marks Voices “Bittersweet” Reaction to Connor Zilisch’s HMS 2028 Switch Trackhouse Racing owner-driver Justin Marks has publicly addressed Connor Zilisch’s confirmed move to Hendrick Motorsports (HMS) starting in 2028, a development that brings mixed emotions for the young driver’s current team. Zilisch, who will complete his existing contract with Trackhouse through 2027, is set to replace Alex Bowman at HMS, ending months of speculation…
Connor Zilisch signs with Hendrick Motorsports
Hendrick Motorsports has signed Connor Zilisch to a multi-year agreement Connor Zilisch is expected to be a future NASCAR superstar. He signed with Trackhouse Racing in 2025 and this season is his first full-time NASCAR Cup Series season with the team. There has been speculation that contract wouldn’t be renewed going forward. Today, that’s confirmed. Zilisch is heading to Hendrick Motorsports for the 2028 season. He will take over the No. 48 ca…
Connor Zilisch to drive the No. 48 Chevy for Hendrick Motorsports beginning in 2028
Connor Zilisch has signed a multiyear contract with Hendrick Motorsports to drive the No. 48 Chevrolet beginning in 2028.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 71% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)




