Clashes in the West Bank Kill a 19-Year-Old Palestinian-American, Palestinian Officials Say
Nasrallah Abu Siyam, 19, was shot by settlers amid escalating violence in the West Bank where investigations into settler attacks have sharply declined, rights group Yesh Din said.
- Late Wednesday night, the Palestinian Health Ministry said clashes in the Israeli-occupied West Bank killed 19-year-old Nasrallah Muhammad Jamal Abu Siyam, a Palestinian-American, in Mukhmas, north of Jerusalem.
- Rights groups say authorities routinely fail to prosecute settlers, and Yesh Din, Israeli rights group, reports investigations have plummeted under Itamar Ben-Gvir, National Security Minister; in a rare move earlier this week, Israeli prosecutors announced plans to charge a settler.
- The Israeli military said soldiers responded to a violent confrontation and attempted to disperse a riot, adding that suspected shooters fired at several Palestinians evacuated for medical treatment.
- On Thursday, the U.S. Embassy did not respond to requests, as violence from extremist settlers in the West Bank has soared in recent years.
- More than 3.4 million Palestinians and 700,000 Israelis live in the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem, and the international community views settlement construction as illegal and a peace obstacle.
36 Articles
36 Articles
Israeli settlers kill Palestinian-American teen, officials say
West Bank: Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank shot and killed a Palestinian-American during an attack on a village, the Palestinian Health Ministry and a witness said Thursday, February 19. Raed Abu Ali, a resident of Mukhmas, said a group of settlers came to the village Wednesday, February 18, afternoon where they attacked a farmer, prompting clashes after residents intervened. Israeli forces later arrived, and during the violence armed…
News Wrap: Palestinian-American killed by settlers
n our news wrap Thursday, the Palestinian Health Ministry says Israeli settlers shot and killed a Palestinian-American in the occupied West Bank, National Park Service workers in Philadelphia began restoring a slavery exhibit at the site of George Washington's former residence and the White House ballroom proposal has been approved by a panel whose members were handpicked by Trump himself.
Israeli settler kills Palestinian-American teen in West Bank, local health ministry says
A US embassy official condemned the violence, telling Reuters on Thursday: "The US Department of State has no higher priority than the safety and security of US citizens overseas."
Israeli Settlers Kill 19-year-old Palestinian-American, Officials and ...
News Wrap: Palestinian-American killed by settlers in occupied West Bank, officials say
n our news wrap Thursday, the Palestinian Health Ministry says Israeli settlers shot and killed a Palestinian-American in the occupied West Bank, National Park Service workers in Philadelphia began restoring a slavery exhibit at the site of George Washington's former residence and the White House ballroom proposal has been approved by a panel whose members were handpicked by Trump himself.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 64% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















