Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

'No Decision' on Mudryk Future After Chelsea Return: Alonso

Xabi Alonso said Chelsea will assess Mykhailo Mudryk’s reintegration and possible move options after the winger returned from a doping ban.

  • On Tuesday, Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso said 'no decision' had been made on Mykhailo Mudryk's future after the Ukrainian winger won an appeal against a four-year doping ban.
  • Mudryk's suspension followed a failed 2024 drug test, but he received clearance on Friday to resume his career after winning an appeal, having not played since November 2024.
  • Assessing the winger's fitness, Alonso emphasized the need to be 'sensitive' about his return to the group dynamic, noting that 90 minutes against Juventus is likely too early.
  • Separately, Alonso welcomed midfielder Jordan Henderson to Stamford Bridge after the 36-year-old signed from Premier League rivals Brentford on Monday, though he must assess Henderson's fitness following a recent arm injury.
  • Chelsea concludes its pre-season tour following matches in Australia, including a 6-4 win over Western Sydney Wanderers, before facing Fulham at Craven Cottage on August 24.
Insights by Ground AI

40 Articles

Lean Right

A Ukrainian football player, Chelsea, took part in the team's friendly match after long-term disqualification.

·Kyiv, Ukraine
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Mudryk played for Chelsea for the first time since suspension was liftedMykhailo Mudryk played for the first time since November 2024 in a friendly against Juventus. His four-year ban for meldonium was overturned after an appeal to CAS.

·Kyiv, Ukraine
Read Full Article
Lean Right

Chelsea's Mihailo Moudric is preparing to return for a friendly match against Juventus after being released from a 20-month doping suspension. He had previously received a severe penalty for testing positive for meldonium, but his ban was lifted following rule changes and an appeal. Manager Xabi Alonso officially confirmed his return, announcing that he would join the preseason tour currently underway in Hong Kong and play in matches.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 48% of the sources are Center
48% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

sportsmole.co.uk broke the news on Monday, August 3, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal