DOJ Drops Charges Against Man Who Was Shot in Minneapolis After ICE Says Agents Made 'False Statements'
The DOJ seeks dismissal after ICE admits agents made false statements under oath; the two agents face possible firing or prosecution, officials said.
- On Thursday, the U.S. Department of Justice moved to dismiss charges after ICE admitted `false statements` under oath, citing `newly discovered evidence` contradicting prosecutors' claims.
- DOJ's Jan. 16 filing asserted Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna was the driver, conflicting with DHS's initial account and family interviews that contradicted DHS statements.
- On Wednesday evening February 11, 2026, Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna, DoorDash driver, was tackled near his home, slipped free, ran inside where Julio Cesar Sosa-Celis was, and a shot rang out, family videos show.
- The two federal agents were placed on administrative leave after ICE said they may be fired and face criminal prosecution, Lyons added, raising accountability questions.
- Senior legal analysts note a pattern in which DHS and the Trump administration make early, contradictory statements, undermining credibility, as shown in cases involving Renee Good and Alex Pretti.
33 Articles
33 Articles
Charges Dropped Against Venezuelan Man Shot By ICE Agent In Minnesota
Source: Anadolu / Getty At this point, a person could randomly trip, stumble, and fall right smack into new evidence that federal immigration agents are using violence and excessive force as a regular practice in performance of their duties, and then lying to cover it all up. In fact, it appears to be getting so bad that even officials of this MAGA-fied federal government are moving to get charges against the victims dismissed, and investigation…
When ICE Agents Lie: DOJ Drops Charges Against 2 Minneapolis Men Falsely Accused of Attempted Murder
Two ICE officers have been placed on administrative leave and are accused of lying under oath about an incident in Minneapolis last month involving two Venezuelan immigrants, one of whom was shot in the leg by an agent. After the incident, the two Venezuelan men, Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna and Julio Cesar Sosa-Celis, were charged with felony assault, falsely accused of beating an ICE officer with a broom and snow shovel. Sosa-Celis was shot in the
Feds: ICE agents appear to have made untruthful statements about north Minneapolis shooting
Federal immigration officers on the scene where an officer shot a man Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2026, in north Minneapolis. (Photo by Max Nesterak/MInnesota Reformer)Two U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents appear to have made untruthful statements under oath in their account of a Jan. 14 car chase that ended with one of the agents shooting a man in the leg, a senior Homeland Security official said Friday. ICE Acting Director Todd Lyons sai…
DHS probing ICE officers' testimony about a Minneapolis shooting
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Federal authorities have opened a criminal probe into whether two immigration officers lied under oath about a shooting in Minneapolis last month, as all charges were dropped against two Venezuelan men. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Todd Lyons said Friday that his agency opened a joint probe with the Justice Department after video evidence revealed “sworn testimony provided by two separate officers appears to ha…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 84% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium











