Tensions Rise as Trump Weighs Military Action Against Iran
U.S. forces, including the USS Gerald R. Ford, are positioned for potential strikes on Iran targeting nuclear and missile sites amid ongoing diplomatic efforts, officials said.
- On Wednesday, senior security officials told Trump the U.S. military could be ready for possible strikes on Iran as early as Saturday, officials said.
- In recent weeks the U.S. military has repositioned aircraft to bases in Jordan and Saudi Arabia, marking the largest buildup since 2003, while the Pentagon sends carriers, troops, and guided-missile destroyers to the Middle East.
- Options presented include limited strikes on nuclear facilities or ballistic missile sites and a regime-change campaign targeting dozens of Iranian leaders that could last weeks, while the USS Gerald R. Ford may deploy off Israel's coast next week.
- Reports in the past 24 hours show heightened alertness on both sides, while some reports are possible efforts to mislead; U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio is expected to visit Israel next week.
- Iran and the United States renewed talks earlier this month, scheduling a second round in Geneva, and Tehran's negotiators signaled compromises if sanctions are discussed while a written proposal is expected.
16 Articles
16 Articles
CLG: Trump ‘identifies date for strike on Iran’
National and international media news & headlines compiled by CLG Trump ‘identifies date for strike on Iran’ as world’s largest aircraft carrier heads to the Middle East –The U.S. and Israel would also launch the operation in a military joint effort. | 18 Feb 2026 | Donald Trump could make a decision on military strikes in Iran soon, with the U.S. military ready to potentially launch an attack by this weekend. American military assets have been …
US aircraft carrier may deploy off Israel as Trump weighs Iran strike options
US media report that President Trump is weighing options for strikes on Iran amid the largest American military buildup in the Middle East since 2003; the USS Gerald Ford has yet to arrive but is expected to defend Israel first, according to The New York Times
US military poised for possible strikes on Iran as Trump weighs diplomacy and war
America has significantly increased its military presence in the Middle East. Forces are positioned for possible strikes on Iran. Diplomatic talks continue but have seen little progress. The US is ready to act swiftly against Iran's nuclear and missile facilities. This buildup is one of the largest in recent years.
Donald Trump has not yet made a final decision, but the likelihood of an attack on Iran from this weekend is greater. More, MP opens a new investigation involving Luis Montenegro.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 72% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium








