Published • loading... • Updated
Cambodia Says It Has Closed Almost 200 Scam Centers in Fraud Crackdown
Cambodian authorities dismantled nearly 200 scam centers, arrested 173 crime figures, and deported 11,000 workers amid international pressure to end transnational fraud networks.
- On February 11, 2026, Cambodia said it closed almost 190 scam centres and provided rare media access to a Kampot compound.
- Following a US indictment and China’s extradition, the campaign began last year, and thousands fled after the detention of Ly Kuong, alleged boss, worsening disruption.
- Inside the Kampot compound, reporters saw large workrooms with rows of computer stations, studio booths and desks strewn with scam instructions, while officials said no arrests were made inside My Casino.
- The operation led to the arrest of 173 senior crime figures and the deportation of about 1,000 workers, with police citing limited manpower—about 1,000 policemen and about 300 military policemen.
- In December, Thai troops bombed and occupied a separate Cambodian compound during a border conflict, while Cambodia downplayed scam centres and a humanitarian crisis was reported.
Insights by Ground AI
14 Articles
14 Articles
Today's news: Jakarta ready to send 8,000 soldiers into the International Peace Force in Gaza. Delhi imposes a three-hour limit on web giants for the removal of illegal content on social media. In January boom of exports to Taiwan, given higher on a monthly basis than the last 16 years. A stone of the Porziuncola donated to the Apostolic Vicariate of Southern Arabia. In 2025 record of Russian tourists to North Korea.
Coverage Details
Total News Sources14
Leaning Left2Leaning Right5Center3Last UpdatedBias Distribution50% Right
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Right
50% Right
L 20%
C 30%
R 50%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













