Published • loading... • Updated
Bus crash in South Africa leaves 4 dead, 31 hurt as rescue efforts continue
The crash involved an overloaded Interlink bus traveling from Johannesburg to Zimbabwe, killing five and injuring 31, with investigations ongoing into the cause.
- On Thursday, a bus crash on the N1 near Makhado left at least four dead and 31 injured, according to Limpopo provincial minister for transport Violet Mathye.
- At the same site last year, a crash near Makhado killed 42 people in October, highlighting a repeat fatality at that location, road-safety posts said.
- The bus, bound from Gauteng to Zimbabwe, lost control and swerved into a ditch on the N1, and emergency services reported some victims trapped while injured passengers were taken to hospitals.
- The N1 remains closed, and motorists are being diverted to Nzhelele's R523 until further notice; Mathye told SABC officials will provide more numbers as they get them.
- The Limpopo transport department reported the cause was initially unknown as investigators and rescue teams continue work at the scene.
Insights by Ground AI
22 Articles
22 Articles
Tragedy on Limpopo: South Africa-Zimbabwe Bus Crash Claims Lives
A tragic bus crash in South Africa's Limpopo province resulted in at least four deaths and 31 injuries. The incident occurred on the N1 highway near the Zimbabwe border. The cause remains unknown, and authorities are investigating, recalling a similar deadly crash in the same area last October.
·India
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources22
Leaning Left5Leaning Right1Center9Last UpdatedBias Distribution60% Center
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources are Center
60% Center
L 33%
C 60%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















