Braun: Major Disaster Declaration Submitted to FEMA as Storm Recovery Continues
Braun said a faster federal review could bring more aid to residents and governments as storms displaced more than 1,000 families and killed at least seven.
- On Friday, Indiana's congressional delegation sent a letter to President Donald Trump supporting Governor Mike Braun's request for a Major Disaster Declaration covering 54 storm-damaged counties.
- Severe storms, tornadoes, and flooding that began August 11 prompted Governor Braun to submit the request on Wednesday, following a federal emergency declaration Trump previously approved for 53 counties.
- Damage across the state includes more than 1,700 structures destroyed or damaged, while power outages peaked at more than 360,000 customers, with Northwest Indiana remaining among the hardest-hit regions.
- Governor Braun is pressing the Federal Emergency Management Agency for a faster review, noting that approval typically takes seven to 10 days, while the state has already utilized $5 million from its reserves.
- A Major Disaster Declaration would provide necessary federal resources to assist Hoosiers with long-term rebuilding and recovery, Braun said, pledging to continue working alongside impacted communities in the weeks and months ahead.
13 Articles
13 Articles
Braun addresses Central Indiana flooding, NWI outages
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. — Gov. Mike Braun assessed flooding damage Thursday in Carmel with Mayor Sue Finkam and in Noblesville with Mayor Chris Jensen to ensure state resources are available and activated to support local recovery efforts.
Governor seeks expedited federal disaster aid for 54 Indiana counties
Indiana has asked the federal government to expedite a major disaster declaration that could unlock additional aid for Hoosier residents and communities across 54 storm-damaged counties.
Braun Requests Major Disaster Declaration for Indiana
Source: Anna Moneymaker / Getty INDIANAPOLIS — Gov. Mike Braun is asking the federal government for more help as Indiana continues recovering from deadly storms and flooding. Braun said Friday that Indiana submitted an expedited request to FEMA for a major disaster declaration covering 54 counties. The severe weather has killed at least seven people, injured others and damaged homes, buildings and roads. More than 1,000 Hoosiers have been displa…
Braun: Major disaster declaration submitted to FEMA as storm recovery continues
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Gov. Mike Braun took to social media on Friday, stating that a formal request for an expedited major disaster declaration has been submitted to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This declaration is in response to the widespread severe weather, including winds, storms and flooding, that the state of Indiana has recently [...]
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 59% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium














