Mumbai Police Nab Alleged Shooter Amid Bollywood Director Targeting
Eleven arrests made in total including alleged shooter linked to Lawrence Bishnoi gang; Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act invoked in the case.
- On February 16, 2026, Mumbai Police arrested six more suspects from Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, bringing the total to 11 in the Rohit Shetty firing case.
- Police say the operation appears planned by organised-crime aides, as the February 1 attack on filmmaker Rohit Shetty's Juhu house triggered an intensive Mumbai Crime Branch investigation and police suspect Shubham Lonkar, Lawrence Bishnoi aide, planned it.
- Police identified Deepak Sharma as the alleged shooter while detaining Ritik Yadav, but clarity on who fired is still awaited, police said.
- The five are being produced before a special MCOCA court, and police said Sharma's interrogation should clarify how the operation was planned, with custody till February 25.
- Threats and extortion attempts have also surfaced this month as the Lawrence Bishnoi gang relies on aides like Shubham Lonkar and Harry Boxer while its leaders remain jailed, police said.
21 Articles
21 Articles
Rohit Shetty Residence Firing Case: All Six Accused Have Been Sent to Police Remand Till February 25
Get latest articles and stories on Entertainment at LatestLY. A Mumbai court on Monday sent six accused arrested from Rajasthan in connection with the shooting incident outside filmmaker Rohit Shetty's Juhu residence to police remand until February 25. Entertainment News | Rohit Shetty Residence Firing Case: All Six Accused Have Been Sent to Police Remand Till February 25.
Rohit Shetty house firing case: Mumbai crime branch arrests another suspect; total arrests reach 12
The Mumbai crime branch has arrested another suspect in the Rohit Shetty house firing case from Agra. The arrested individual has been identified as Vishnu Kushwaha and will be presented in court shortly. So far, a total of 12 suspects have been arrested in connection with the case. This is a developing story.
Main shooter in Rohit Shetty house firing arrested; 11 now in custody under MCOCA
The Mumbai police suspect Shubham Lonkar, a Lawrence Bishnoi aide, planned the operation based on his social media post claiming responsibility soon after the firing outside the house of Rohit Shetty.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 55% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















