Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled
Trump said no Iran talks are planned as U.S. officials keep the maritime blockade in force and traffic through Hormuz remains limited, officials said.
- On Tuesday, President Donald Trump declared peace talks with Iran "dead" and insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains "open and operating," after a 60-day negotiating period ended this week without agreement.
- Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf retorted that the waterway will remain closed until the United States fulfills commitments including lifting the naval blockade, releasing frozen assets, and ending oil sanctions.
- An unidentified projectile damaged a ship's engine room off the coast of Oman early Tuesday, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations agency reported, resulting in a crew casualty.
- Iran is finalizing a separate agreement with Oman to manage traffic through the strait, explicitly excluding the United States as regional actors seek to bypass Washington amid failed diplomacy.
- Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan signed a joint defense agreement earlier this month stipulating that any armed attack against one state shall be regarded as an attack against all, complicating Middle East security dynamics.
194 Articles
194 Articles
President Donald Trump says US has no talks planned with Iran and other news from the Middle East
U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday the U.S. has no talks planned with Iran but insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains “open and operating,” despite limited traffic and a reported strike on a ship exiting the waterway.
Middle East: No talks or conversations with Iran, Trump says
Trump also claimed that the Strait of Hormuz was "open and operating," contrary to Iranian reports. Meanwhile, Syria, the US and Turkey condemned Israeli strikes on a Syrian airbase. Follow DW for more.
Trump says no talks taking place or planned with Iran
US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that no talks with Tehran are under way or planned and insisted the blockade of Iran’s ports remains in force. The post Trump says no talks taking place or planned with Iran appeared first on Vanguard News.
Trump says US has no talks planned with Iran and other news from the Middle East
U.S. President Donald Trump says the U.S. has no planned talks with Iran but insists the Strait of Hormuz remains open. This comes after a reported strike on a ship exiting the waterway and as Iran and Oman say they…
"Once we finish defeating Iran, which we are defeating very strongly... I will soon declare the Strait of Hormuz United States territory," Trump said on Friday. He recalled that American forces maintain a blockade of Iranian ports. On Monday, Trump reiterated that it was a "great idea." "Well, I just think it's a great idea. (...) We control it (the strait) through the blockade. I like the idea of declaring it as territory. We can do that. We ha…
Trump says no Iran talks planned, claims Hormuz 'new US territory'
US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that no talks with Iran are under way or scheduled, as he posted a map showing the Strait of Hormuz as a new American territory in a fresh jibe at Tehran.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












































