Metal Band Cancels More Shows Due to Threats: ‘Artists Should Not Face Intimidation’
Behemoth canceled its March 3 Bangalore show after credible threats from religious groups raised safety and legal concerns, following prior cancellations in Turkey.
- On March 3, Behemoth canceled its Bangalore show on the 'Chant Of The Eastern Lands' tour after earlier Turkey cancellations, citing threats from religious groups.
- The band says threats from religious Christian groups pressured authorities and the local promoter, raising safety and legal risks including possible arrest and physical danger.
- The band stressed artists should not face intimidation, saying, `In this modern age, artists should not face intimidation, threats, or the risk of imprisonment for performing their art.`, and added it had been in close contact with the local promoter who acted in good faith.
- To its Indian audience, the band said it was deeply disappointed it could not perform and expressed hope to return soon, amid concerns about censorship and threats faced by artists.
- Historically, the band has faced legal and public backlash, including the 2021 conviction and subsequent case dismissal of frontman Adam `Nergal` Darski for offending religious feelings.
11 Articles
11 Articles
Once again, the Polish extreme metal band Behemoth has to cancel a concert because religious fanatics protest against the performance.After the concert announcement in Turkey, the next setback for Behemoth follows: The shows planned for their "Chant Of The Eastern Lands" tour in India, Bengaluru, have also been canceled. Behind them, like the gigs that had fallen into the water before, are religious zealots. The next show falls flat Already shor…
Behemoth cancels a new concert under religious pressure. After Turkey, the Polish blackened death metal group renounces its scheduled date in Bangalore, India, citing credible threats from Christian groups and serious security risks. Threats deemed credible in India Behemoth were due to occur on the 3rd [...]
Behemoth Cancel Indian Show, Citing "Credible Threats" From Christian Groups
Polish blackened death metal veterans Behemoth are down another gig as their Bangalore show is pulled. Behemoth are having a rough run of it. Only last week we reported that the Polish blackened death metal proponents had a show in Turkey canceled by government order, along with Russian deathcore outfit Slaughter To Prevail. Now comes the news that the plug has been pulled on another gig – this time in Bangalore, India. Originally scheduled for …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






