At least 10 people dead in Syria as gunmen target civilians in Tartus and Homs
- On Monday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that 12 civilians, mostly Alawites, were killed in separate incidents of sectarian violence in Syria.
- Six civilians were killed in Tartus when attackers opened fire while chanting sectarian slogans, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
- In Homs, an attack resulted in the deaths of a woman and three children, as well as two visiting Sunni Muslims, reported the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
- Syrian interim President Ahmed al-Sharaa has committed to prosecuting those responsible for the violence and established a fact-finding committee to investigate the incidents.
22 Articles
22 Articles
Syria monitor says 12 civilians killed in sectarian violence
A monitor of Syria's conflict said 12 civilians, mostly Alawites, were killed Monday in separate incidents of apparent sectarian violence in coastal and central regions, after massacres earlier this month. Security in Syria remains tenuous after Islamist-led forces overthrew Bashar al-Assad in December following nearly 14 years of civil war. Six civilians including a local official were killed in an attack on members of the Alawite sect in coast…

12-year-old boy among 4 killed in Syria's Tartous province
A 12-year-old boy was among four civilians killed Monday in Syria ’s Tartous province, provincial officials said. The coastal region is in the heartland of the Alawite population, a religious minority in Syria to which ousted former leader Bashar Assad belongs.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 62% of the sources lean Left
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage