Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Memo Says White House Was 'Excellently Preserved' During East Wing Demolition for Trump's Ballroom

The $400 million project, funded by private donors including major tech firms, aims to create an 89,000-square-foot complex with a 22,000-square-foot ballroom.

  • On White House grounds, demolition of the East Wing began last fall for a privately funded 89,000-square-foot ballroom expansion, with renderings posted Friday.
  • The project aims to expand the White House's entertaining capacity with a roughly 89,000-square-foot ballroom, including a visitors center, as part of Trump’s 15-year plan.
  • Engineers stabilized sections and monitored vibration while contractors kept heavy equipment distant and curators preserved historic items, Joshua Fisher said, and Shalom Baranes Associates joined as architect in December.
  • A federal judge questioned Trump's authority last month, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation sued to stop the demolition, which the NCPC will review on March 5.
  • The most recent estimate for the project is $400,000,000, with private donors including Apple, Amazon, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, Google, Coinbase, Comcast and Meta, and Trump suggesting the ballroom could host future inaugurations.
Insights by Ground AI

15 Articles

KMBCKMBC
+12 Reposted by 12 other sources
Center

Memo says White House was 'excellently preserved' during East Wing demolition for Trump's ballroom

A White House memo says demolition crews "excellently preserved" the White House residence when they tore down the East Wing for President Donald Trump's planned ballroom.

·Kansas City, United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 93% of the sources are Center
93% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Action News Now broke the news in on Monday, February 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal