Anderson Cooper Announces Exit From 60 Minutes After Nearly 20 Years
Anderson Cooper leaves CBS's 60 Minutes after nearly 20 years to focus on family and his full-time CNN role amid leadership changes and turmoil at CBS News.
- Anderson Cooper is ending his time at 60 Minutes and opted not to renew his contract; his final segment, an interview with Ken Burns, aired Sunday, and he will focus on CNN and his young children.
- Nearly 20 years after joining in 2006-07, Anderson Cooper signed a new deal with CNN late last year and, after recent weeks of negotiations, chose to focus on CNN instead of renewing with 60 Minutes.
- CBS had an agreement allowing Anderson Cooper to run his 60 Minutes segments on his CNN show, earning multiple Emmys and illustrating his prominence.
- The exit represents the first big on-air change under Bari Weiss, as Anderson Cooper plans to leave 60 Minutes after the current season, and CBS News executives did not immediately comment.
- Amid newsroom turmoil, CBS delayed a migrant report that later ran on Jan. 18, saw leadership departures including Bill Owens and Wendy McMahon, and faced a $16 million settlement with Paramount.
175 Articles
175 Articles
Anderson Cooper says he'll leave '60 Minutes,' stay with CNN
Anderson Cooper, who reported for CBS' "60 Minutes" for the past two decades in addition to hosting a weeknight news program on CNN, said Monday he'll leave the CBS broadcast to spend more time with his family.
North American journalist maintains a program at CNN. It comes after several polymers to reach the television program.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 45% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




































