Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled
- On Tuesday, President Donald Trump declared peace talks with Iran "dead" and insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains "open and operating," after a 60-day negotiating period ended this week without agreement.
- Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf retorted that the waterway will remain closed until the United States fulfills commitments including lifting the naval blockade, releasing frozen assets, and ending oil sanctions.
- An unidentified projectile damaged a ship's engine room off the coast of Oman early Tuesday, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations agency reported, resulting in a crew casualty.
- Iran is finalizing a separate agreement with Oman to manage traffic through the strait, explicitly excluding the United States as regional actors seek to bypass Washington amid failed diplomacy.
- Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan signed a joint defense agreement earlier this month stipulating that any armed attack against one state shall be regarded as an attack against all, complicating Middle East security dynamics.
249 Articles
249 Articles
Trump Says No Talks Planned With Iran, Tehran Says Strait of Hormuz Still Shut
US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday no talks were taking place with Iran and none were scheduled, and he insisted that the Strait of Hormuz was open, contradicting an...
Donald Trump admitted that the United States is not currently negotiating with Iran, and there is no schedule for such negotiations. However, he claimed that the Strait of Hormuz is open, even though Iran insists that the US must meet certain conditions to open the strait.
US President Donald Trump shared a picture of a map on which the street of Hormus is American territory. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates reported rocket fire from Iran.
Trump says US has no talks planned with Iran and other news from the Middle East - WXXV News 25
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday the U.S. has no talks planned with Iran but insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains “open and operating,” despite limited traffic and a reported strike on a ship exiting the waterway. Earlier this week, Trump also threatened to bomb Oman as the country sought a deal with Iran to manage shipping traffic through the strait, two regional officials said Tuesday, a day after Trump repor…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 37% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















































