Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after arrest, remains under investigation
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office for allegedly sharing confidential UK trade reports with Jeffrey Epstein, and was released under investigation.
- On his 66th birthday, officers arrested Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor at Sandringham on suspicion of misconduct linked to Jeffrey Epstein, and he was released under investigation after leaving Norfolk police custody.
- Following the release of DOJ documents last month, investigators opened fresh assessments after more than three million pages mentioned Mountbatten-Windsor forwarding 2010 trade reports to Jeffrey Epstein.
- In a coordinated operation, forces searched properties in Norfolk while teams continued inquiries at Windsor; Thames Valley Police said Norfolk searches have concluded while Royal Lodge searches remain under way.
- King Charles III said the law must take its course and pledged co‑operation, while Virginia Giuffre’s family said their 'broken hearts have been lifted' and praised Thames Valley Police; police warned review may take several days or weeks before charging decisions.
- This arrest marks an unprecedented moment for a senior royal in modern times, as King Charles III removed Andrew's titles in October 2025 and he moved to the king’s private estate earlier this month.
272 Articles
272 Articles
King Charles’ Brother Andrew Released after Arrest over Misconduct Relating to Epstein
AYLSHAM, England, Feb 19 (Reuters) - King Charles' younger brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was released from police custody on Thursday evening after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office over allegations he sent confidential government documents to Jeffrey Epstein.
King Charles' brother released after questioning on the Epstein case
UK police hold ex-prince Andrew for hours in misconduct probe
Britain's royal family was thrown into crisis Thursday after former prince Andrew was arrested by police and held for hours, in a blow to the monarchy unprecedented in modern British history.
Ex-Prince Andrew Released After Shocking Arrest
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGAShockwaves rippled through Britain after the former Prince Andrew, now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested in an early morning operation that marked a historic first for the modern monarchy. Hours later, the once-senior royal was photographed leaving custody and returning to Sandringham. The dramatic sequence unfolded on his 66th birthday, capping a day that stunned both the royal household and the public. Ex-Pr…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




































