Published • loading... • Updated
400 Years of Castle Ruins: Lage Celebrates Medieval Village Festival in August
Summary by GN-Online
1 Articles
1 Articles
By Sascha Vennemann. In 1626 – so the story goes – rough characters inhabited the castle in Lage: The Spanish had occupied the structure, which an old document described as a "robber baron's nest and terror of Friesland." The Eighty Years' War was underway, and the Dutch besieged the castle that year. It was originally probably built in the 12th century and had only been repaired about 50 years earlier after its initial fall into disrepair. The …
Coverage Details
Total News Sources1
Leaning Left0Leaning Right0Center0Last UpdatedBias DistributionNo sources with tracked biases.
Bias Distribution
- There is no tracked Bias information for the sources covering this story.
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

