4 more bodies retrieved from sunken ferry in Basilan; death toll now 62
9 Articles
9 Articles
Sunken Trisha Kerstin 3 death toll rises to 64
Six more bodies trapped in the wreckage of the sunken M/V Trisha Kerstin 3 were recovered in the past two days by technical divers of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), bringing to 64 the number of confirmed fatalities so far, with 15 missing.
PCG keeps hopes alive as search continues for survivors of sunken Basilan ferry
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) said the search for passengers of the sunken MV Trisha Kerstin 3 has not been downgraded to retrieval operations, with technical divers still navigating the vessel in search for survivors.Captain Noemi Cayabyab, PCG spokesman, emphasized that while the ship has been underwater for nearly a month, authorities remained hopeful that some passengers may still be found alive, citing past incident…
4 more bodies retrieved from sunken ferry in Basilan; death toll now 62
PAGADIAN CITY, Zamboanga del Sur – Four more cadavers were recovered on Tuesday, February 17, from the coast guard dive site where MV Trisha Krestin 3 sank off Baluk-Baluk Island in Basilan, raising the official death toll of the tragedy to 62. Authorities said the latest retrieval included two male and two female victims. Their identities have yet to be released pending verification and coordination with families. The recovery comes after three…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 71% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium








